Velocity problems regarding vectors

In summary, a spaceship initially at rest experiences a constant acceleration of a=(1,2,3)m/s^2. After 5 seconds, the velocity of the spaceship is (5,10,15)m/s and its speed is the magnitude of the velocity vector. The position after 5 seconds can be determined using an equation that describes linear position with zero initial speed and constant acceleration. The distance traveled in 5 seconds can be calculated using the velocity and time.
amit25

Homework Statement

Spaceship initially at rest as measured,experiences constant acceleration of a=(1,2,3)m/s^2?

what is the velocity,after 5 seconds,
and speed after 5 seconds
and position after 5 secs
what is the distance it has traveled in 5secs

Homework Equations

v=at not sure what else..

The Attempt at a Solution

i think i got velocity my answer was (5,10,15)m/s not sure how i should go about the rest

Physics news on Phys.org
Your velocity is correct.

How do you find speed (a scalar) when you know velocity (a vector)? hint: speed is the magnitude of the velocity vector.

Regarding position, can you establish an equation that describes the linear position of a single coordinate when the initial speed is zero and the acceleration is constant?

1. What is the difference between speed and velocity?

Speed is a measure of how fast an object is moving, while velocity is a measure of how fast an object is moving in a specific direction.

2. How do you calculate the magnitude of velocity?

The magnitude of velocity can be calculated by taking the square root of the sum of the squares of the individual components of velocity (speed in each direction).

3. What is the difference between average velocity and instantaneous velocity?

Average velocity is the total displacement of an object over a given time period, while instantaneous velocity is the velocity of an object at a specific moment in time.

4. How do you find the direction of velocity in vector problems?

The direction of velocity in vector problems can be determined by using a compass or by calculating the angle between the velocity vector and a known reference direction.

5. What is the relationship between velocity and acceleration?

Velocity and acceleration are both vector quantities, and acceleration is the rate of change of velocity over time. This means that acceleration can be calculated by taking the derivative of velocity with respect to time.