Video: A Trip to Infinity (Sept 26, 2022 on Netflix)

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter robphy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Infinity Video
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Messages
7,531
Reaction score
3,056
A Trip to Infinity
https://www.netflix.com/title/81273453 (Sept 26, 2022 on Netflix)

Eminent mathematicians, particle physicists and cosmologists dive into infinity and its mind-bending implications for the universe.
1h 19m
trailer:


https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21929356/
lists the cast as:
  • Anthony Aguirre
  • Stephon Alexander
  • Eugenia Cheng
  • Moon Duchin
  • Kenny Easwaran
  • Delilah Gates
  • Rebecca Goldstein
  • Brian Greene
  • Janna Levin
  • Alan Lightman
  • Carlo Rovelli
  • Steve Strogatz
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and pinball1970
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Might be interesting but I'm somewhat put off since at 23 seconds the female narrator at that point asks if infinity is a number and shortly answers probably so. plus some of the other stuff sounds like New Age hoo ha.
 
phinds said:
Might be interesting but I'm somewhat put off since at 23 seconds the female narrator at that point asks if infinity is a number and shortly answers probably so. plus some of the other stuff sounds like New Age hoo ha.
That's disappointing. At least you got as far as 23 seconds into trying to watch it; I didn't make it that far but I'm chronically video-lazy...
 
berkeman said:
That's disappointing. At least you got as far as 23 seconds into trying to watch it; I didn't make it that far but I'm chronically video-lazy...
Oh, I watched the whole thing since it was only a couple of minutes and I was hoping that it would appeal to me but I'll be taking a pass.
 
berkeman said:
That's disappointing. At least you got as far as 23 seconds into trying to watch it; I didn't make it that far but I'm chronically video-lazy...
I watched it twice, I missed whether it said Hilbert's hotel or Infinity something or other.