Viewing profile problem (text size)

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
In summary, when viewing a user's profile, the text is shifted to the right and smaller size than normal. This appears to be a problem on different computers and with different add-ons.
mattmns
When I view a user's profile I seem to have the text shifted to the right and smaller size than normal under the "Biography," "Location," and a few others. For example, the following screen shot:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3373/pfrt7.png

I am using Firefox (whatever the latest version is, 2. something), and Windows XP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Doesn't show up like that with Safari or Firefox on a Mac. I can't help with determining if it's a problem with the Windows version of Firefox, Windows in general, or just you.

By the way, what's Golden Age Hip Hop? (Saw that in your profile while checking this.) :biggrin:

Nope, it does not show like that for me. I'm on XP, and using Firefox Version 2.0.0.4

ASAIK, Firefox does work differently on different computers, don't really know why. But some add-ons work nicely on my cousins' computer (also in XP SP2), but somehow, does not work quite well for me. :frown:

Basically, hip-hop from 1987 to 1993.

All music said:
Hip-hop's golden age is bookended by the commercial breakthrough of Run-D.M.C. in 1986 and the explosion of gangsta rap with 1993's The Chronic by Dr. Dre. Those six years witnessed the best recordings from some of the biggest rappers -- LL Cool J, Public Enemy, EPMD, Big Daddy Kane, Eric B. & Rakim, N.W.A, Boogie Down Productions, Biz Markie -- in the genre's history. Overwhelmingly based in New York City, golden age rap is characterized by skeletal beats, samples cribbed from hard rock or soul tracks, and tough dis raps. Rhymers like PE's Chuck D., Big Daddy Kane, KRS-One, and Rakim basically invented the complex wordplay and lyrical kung-fu of later hip-hop. The Def Jam label became the first big independent in hip-hop, while Cold Chillin', Jive, and Tommy Boy also made strides.
Source: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=77:12014

Also check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_age_hip_hop

If you want to hear some examples check out:

Eirc B and Rakim - Microphone Fiend -

BDP (KRS One) - My Philosophy -

edit...

I am using Firefox 2.0.0.4 (just got an automatic update). Add-ons: Adblock plus, All in One Gestures, Forecastfox, Foxy Tunes. There are also other tweaks I have done, but those should not have any effect on it.

I get those little profile fonts too. I noticed them after Greg did that minor forum upgrade about a week ago.

I think it's a stylesheet issue.
The source of the profile page has
Code:
<dt class="smallfont"><strong>Age</strong>:</dt> <dd class="smallfont">21</dd>

and the stylesheet https://www.physicsforums.com/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-51c57b11-00005.css
has

Code:
.smallfont
{
	color: #26353F;
	font: 10px verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
}

After the upgrade there are some minor edits I need to do in the profile. I'll look into it.

No problem here, running Fx 2.0.0.3, Ubuntu...it's just you mattmns. :tongue:

1. How do I change the text size on my profile?

To change the text size on your profile, go to your account settings and look for the option to adjust the font size. This is usually located under the "Appearance" or "Display" section of your settings. You can also use the zoom function on your browser to increase or decrease the size of the text.

2. Why is the text on my profile too small or too large?

The text size on your profile may appear too small or too large due to the default settings on your device or browser. Some websites also have their own default font sizes, which may differ from your preferred size. You can easily adjust the text size using the methods mentioned in the first question.

3. Can I change the font style on my profile?

Yes, you can change the font style on your profile by using the customize feature on your account settings. This option allows you to choose from a variety of font styles and sizes to customize your profile according to your preferences.

4. Why are some parts of the text on my profile in a different font?

The different font styles on your profile may be due to formatting options used by the website or social media platform. Some sections of your profile may have their own designated font styles, such as headings or captions. If you are unable to change these font styles, it may be a limitation of the platform.

5. Can I change the text size on my profile for specific sections only?

It depends on the website or platform you are using. Some websites allow you to customize the text size for specific sections of your profile, while others only have a general option to change the text size for the entire profile. If you are unable to find this option, you can try using the zoom function on your browser to adjust the size of specific sections.