Virginia State House votes to fine those showing too much underwear.

• News
  • Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    State
In summary: I don't see what this one does that's so bad. Is it really just about the decency of society? In summary, the Virginia state house has voted to outlaw the trend of wearing trousers so low that underwear hangs over the top. If the state senate also approves, youngsters in Virginia showing too much of their boxer shorts or G-strings could be fined $50 (£26).
franznietzsche said:
New york ... Heat?
The wind generally blows from west to east in the United States. Eastern seaboard states tend to have both hotter summers and colder winters at given latitudes than do Western seaboard states. The wind blowing over the water is what gives the Western seaboard states mild climates.

Physics news on Phys.org
Would you be surprised, Franz, to learn that New York City lies at exactly the same lattitude as Naples, Italy? It's actually not that far north.

loseyourname said:
Would you be surprised, Franz, to learn that New York City lies at exactly the same lattitude as Naples, Italy? It's actually not that far north.
yeah, but europe has the gulf stream. Spain is as far north as Maine, but has the gulfstream.

Having never been further east than minnesota though, i wouldn't know the climate in new york.

You're allowed to walk in the public topless in Ontario, female or male.

franznietzsche said:
Did you vote for kerry?

If no, then ok you're honest.

If yes, you're lying about not voting for such people.
I'm only 16. But if I were 18, I would've voted for Dean in the primaries, and reluctantly voted for Kerry when it came to Nov. 2. Kerry sucks, there's no doubt, but nowhere near as badly as Bush.

wasteofo2 said:
. Kerry sucks, there's no doubt, but nowhere near as badly as Bush.

I disagree. Bush sucks, no doubt, but nowhere near as badly as Kerry.

I'm not 18 yet either, and i would not have voted for either, i simply could not in good conscience cast a vote for either of them.

JasonRox said:
You're allowed to walk in the public topless in Ontario, female or male.

I'm moving right now.

franznietzsche said:
yeah, but europe has the gulf stream. Spain is as far north as Maine, but has the gulfstream.

Having never been further east than minnesota though, i wouldn't know the climate in new york.

It's pretty brutal. Hotter (and way more humid) than the San Fernando Valley in the summer, but colder than Seattle in the winter. It also rains a great deal, during all seasons. The rain isn't as heavy as the rainy seasons in the Pacific Northwest, but they actually do get more overall rainfall annually. I lived there for a about a year a couple of years ago.

loseyourname said:
It's pretty brutal. Hotter (and way more humid) than the San Fernando Valley in the summer, but colder than Seattle in the winter.

That sucks. Glad i don't live in it. Nice warm mild climates for me. :biggrin:

Back