Visit Last Weekend: Adorable Critter with Irridescent Green Patches

  • Thread starter Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
11,959
Reaction score
54
This is mostly for Evo and DocToxyn...this cute little critter came by to visit last weekend and posed very nicely for photos. I especially like his(?) irridescent green patches on his cheeks.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7753/froggy4gg.jpg

So, now that it's spring and folks are hopefully spending some time outdoors and not entirely glued to their computers (unless it's at PF of course, then you're excused), who's been enjoying watching the wildlife? Any new photos of critters in your backyard?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
I enjoy the wildlife and obviously the nature, but actually the purpose of this post is to ask whether frogs think in some way, have emotions, and can love? I'm often wondering whether any animal is able to have emotions, or love or the like,
 
He looks like he has a mouthful of teeth. :bugeye:
 
thats what I thought.. frog crossed with a piranha..
 
Evo said:
He looks like he has a mouthful of teeth. :bugeye:
Hee hee...he might have teeth in there, but if he does, they're not showing. That's just his lips you see that have a striped/speckled sort of pattern on them. I didn't try picking the little feller up to get a closer look, because he seemed so content just sitting there staring under the deck, where he ultimately decided to hop off to.
 
Moonbear said:
Hee hee...he might have teeth in there, but if he does, they're not showing. That's just his lips you see that have a striped/speckled sort of pattern on them. I didn't try picking the little feller up to get a closer look, because he seemed so content just sitting there staring under the deck, where he ultimately decided to hop off to.

have you ever tried licking them?
 
heartless said:
I enjoy the wildlife and obviously the nature, but actually the purpose of this post is to ask whether frogs think in some way, have emotions, and can love? I'm often wondering whether any animal is able to have emotions, or love or the like,

well, there was the frog prince, i'd imagine he felt some sort of affection for that princess who kissed him and turned him into a hottie prince.
 
Gale said:
well, there was the frog prince, i'd imagine he felt some sort of affection for that princess who kissed him and turned him into a hottie prince.

But how did she know that was the right frog to kiss? They all look alike to me,