VOTE GROUP 1 Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn

VOTE GROUP 1 PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn

  • Chi Meson

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • binzing

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • turbo-1

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Redbelly98

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • robertm

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • edward

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • ~christina~

    Votes: 5 21.7%

  • Total voters
    23
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
16 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
This promises to be a difficult contest to vote on. You have one vote for each group. Please vote for the photo that best represents our theme: a picture taken either at dusk or at dawn.

{This contest has one disqualification due to size. All participants are strongly urged to pay close attention to the contest rules.}

1. Chi Meson
IMG_5637.jpg


2. binzing
rsz_image0-1.jpg


3. turbo-1
dusk.jpg


4. Redbelly98
CedarTrees_TurkeyMountain_PF.jpg


5. robertm
DSC02179-1.jpg


6. edward
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9839/1000507ar2.jpg

7. ~christina~
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6127/editsunsetresevk7.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=250260"

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Had to vote for robertm's picture. I love that color. On a side note, you can get those shades by mixing alizarin crimson and hooker's green if you are painting.
 
Redbelly98 said:
I noticed there is another group of photos. ZZ, are we to vote for just 1 photo, or 1 from each group?

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=251585

ZapperZ said:
This promises to be a difficult contest to vote on. You have one vote for each group. Please vote for the photo that best represents our theme: a picture taken either at dusk or at dawn.

You may cast one vote in each group.

Zz.
 
I love the range of colours in Christina's. Did you use any filters to get that effect?
 
Special thank to binzing! But my vote goes for robertm!
 
I had to go with Chi, that color and the moon makes me want to lie on my back and look up at the sky.

RobertM's is gorgeous, but Chi's just tugged at me. Chi, can you untie these ropes now?
 
~Chirstina~

It reminded me of Starry Starry Night
http://www.scu.k12.ca.us/pomeroy/3rd/starry-night.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
I had to go with Chi, that color and the moon makes me want to lie on my back and look up at the sky.

RobertM's is gorgeous, but Chi's just tugged at me. Chi, can you untie these ropes now?

I need two more votes first.:biggrin:

Tough race. Tough race. Who will come in second? :redface:
 
binzing said:
What?

I really liked the picture you've taken, so I wanted to thank you !:wink:
 
I was torn between ~christina~ and robertm - robertm squeaked out a win finally. The colors are just so dramatic.
 
Ah, ok. Thanks Lisa!(!)

I think its pretty good considering I was about 10 and really didn't know my shutter speed from my f-stop.

Overall, great pictures all.
 
matthyaouw said:
I love the range of colours in Christina's. Did you use any filters to get that effect?

Ah no..the problem was that I was behind a window with curtains. I liked the effect it produced though. :smile:

turbo-1 said:
I was torn between ~christina~ and robertm - robertm squeaked out a win finally. The colors are just so dramatic.
Thank you for explaining the internal struggle. :smile:
 
~christina~ said:
Thank you for explaining the internal struggle. :smile:
It was pretty tough! Sometimes, it's hard voting in these contests...