VOTE Group 1 - Take Me Home, Country Road

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Group Home

VOTE Group 1 - Take Me Home, Country Road

  • chroot

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • larkspur

    Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Moonbear

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • hypnagogue

    Votes: 23 63.9%
  • matthyaouw

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gokul43201

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • yomamma

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • detta

    Votes: 2 5.6%

  • Total voters
    36
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
Needless to say, THIS is going to be a tough one. Regardless who wins, congratulations goes to everyone who submitted a picture. They were all wonderful!

You can vote once in each group. That still doesn't help because I have no idea how you are going to pick just one from each of those groups. So good luck!

1. chroot
http://www.virtualcivilization.org/alc5/images/IMG_047_resized.jpg

2. larkspur
http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/country_road.jpg

3. Moonbear
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6483/countryroadsmall5qu.jpg

4. hypnagogue
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6652/utah2ws.jpg

5. matthyaouw
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/matthyaouw/scotland3.jpg

6. Gokul43201
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1055/img17858va.jpg

7. yomamma
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9995/aphoto8dn.jpg

8. detta
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7605/redwoods5kw.jpg

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This is definitely the hardest contest yet! For me it was closest between larkspur and hypnagogue but in the end I had to go with hypnagogue
 
Hypnagogue has just got it I'm afraid! I love Yomamma's pic too but the date print spoils it, better luck next time kiddo! Mathh's composition is the best in this round but the sky let's it down, curse the northern weather! Where was that photo taken anyway, looks like Southport way to me.
 
Although there are some fine pictures here, Hypnagogue's is just amazing. Composition, contrast, color, it's got the "rule of thirds" goin' on... We're talking professional photograph here.

I had a good shot I was going to submit, but knew it was all over when I saw this one.
 
I went with larkspur. I'm a fan of nice forest smelling roads.
 
brewnog said:
Hypnagogue has just got it I'm afraid! I love Yomamma's pic too but the date print spoils it, better luck next time kiddo! Mathh's composition is the best in this round but the sky let's it down, curse the northern weather! Where was that photo taken anyway, looks like Southport way to me.

Thanks! Was taken way up north in Scotland, on the north coast.
 
No doubt about it: Hyp's pic is awesome! But really and truly, they are all GREAT shots. Congratulations to everyone.

Larkspur, that looks like so many roads upon which I've thrashed. What's the speed limit; about 70 MPH? :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Larkspur, that looks like so many roads upon which I've thrashed. What's the speed limit; about 70 MPH? :biggrin:
Now that's a scary thought!(70mph) Was this in a car or on a motorcycle?
 
On a road like that, a small pickup. Of course I knew every turn in detail. And that was a long time ago. :biggrin:

Really, 70 would be a little too fast I think. That next curve look pretty tight; maybe more like a 50 MPH turn I'd imagine. And that depends on what's around the corner. If its a 90 degree turn you could probably make it with good off-road tires.
 
A bump for this and a reminder that you have less than a day left to vote for this group, if you haven't done so already.

Zz.