VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST Group 1 - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST Group 1 - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

  • cyrusabdollahi

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Physics is Phun

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Integral

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • FredGarvin

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Janus

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • trajan22

    Votes: 9 27.3%

  • Total voters
    33
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
This promises to be another very difficult contest. Congratulations to everyone who participated.

Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme: Mountains. You have one vote in each group.

1. cyrusabdollahi
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7818/iranvp8.jpg

2. Physics is Phun
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5720/img2222uj8.jpg

3. Integral
http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/scenery/HPIM1386a.JPG

4. FredGarvin
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8654/8524352lewis91hw8.jpg

5. Janus
http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/st_helens.jpg

6. trajan22
http://inlinethumb20.webshots.com/1235/2150419010052201329S600x600Q85.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=159050"

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I got to go with Mount Rainier, I fell in love with the Cascades about 5 years ago and have spent more time there hiking around than I care to admit...

It was a hard choice, they are all too pretty to make a choice in any other way but sentimentality.
 
This is nearly impossible to choose! Eenie, meenie, minie, moe...

I'm going with Janus, just because of the way the mountains fill the scene more completely in his than the others, but it's a pretty arbitrary reason. They're all excellent representations of the theme.
 
turbo-1 said:
Had to go with trajan22 on this one. The lighting is gorgeous, like a Maxfield Parrish painting.

I don't know who that is (will google in a moment), but it does look like a watercolor painting to me. Very soft. I predict this is going to be a close contest.
 
I went with Trajan22. Nice shot.

Then I looked at the poll... I broke a tie. :cry:


Do we know where that mountian is? Has it got a name?

Edit: I just went and checked the contest thread. Does that mean Scandia Labs is nearby?
 
Last edited:
Wow, thanks I really didnt expect to get any votes considering I am a rather obscure member here. I actually took this one from my parents backyard.
 
Janus again for the composition, though I came close to picking Integral on this one. :smile:
 
trajan22 said:
Wow, thanks I really didnt expect to get any votes considering I am a rather obscure member here. I actually took this one from my parents backyard.

We don't vote based on who you are, but on the quality of the photo and how well it fits the theme for us. :smile: Wow, I wish I had such a gorgeous view from my backyard!
 
You have less than 2 days left to cast a vote for the first round of this contest. Unlike the other group, the voting is tight with this one. So cast for your favorite picture and help it get to the final round!

Zz.