VOTE Photo Contest - O' Christmas Tree, O' Christmas Tree

VOTE - O' Christmas Tree, O', Christmas Tree

  • larkspur

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • ZapperZ

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • hypatia

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Moonbear

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Janus

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • turbo-1

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Integral

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nazzard

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    22
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 7K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
It was a smaller number of entries than I anticipated for this time of the year (I thought there were a lot of Christmas trees around). Still, it wasn't lacking in quality and "interest", especially with that deer head that wasn't even part of the tree! :)

Please vote for the picture that best depict our theme - christmas tree.

1. larkspur
317441939_e3fbfff4ef.jpg


2. ZapperZ
IMG_6046.jpg


3. hypatia
tree1.jpg


4. Moonbear
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7540/christmastree05ab6.jpg

5. Janus
http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/xmas.jpg

6. turbo-1
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/7065/christmasnr6.jpg

7. Integral
http://home.comcast.net/~Integral50/HPIM0438a.JPG

8. nazzard
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/8853/treetu1.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=147145"

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm still undecided between Zz's elaborate tree, or hypatia's listing tree with deer head "topper" that reminds me of Christmases in houses filled with children and pets. I'm going to have to mull over this choice longer.
 
Had to vote for Moonbear - her tree looks more like the ones we had when I was a kid, though minus that great train set. :cry:
 
What catches my eye, is the great trim around ZZ's windows! I'm a sucker for great wood detail everytime.
 
Then you would love to see the rest of the place, hypatia. It's an old, victorian building that had been rehabbed (meaning, modernized), but all the wood trimmings and features have been restored, especially around the fireplace (all wood with old victorian tiles surrounding the fireplace itself) and the sliding pocket doors.

Zz.
 
After all my debating, I finally decided to go with Janus on this...his tree has presents under it! :biggrin:
 
Awww, someone voted for my little Charile Brown tree! That just made my day!