VOTE Photo Contest - Statuesque (Group 1)

In summary, this week's photo contest features a diverse set of pictures of statues. Participants are allowed to vote for two pictures, with each vote counting towards two groups. Some of the photos may have difficulty loading due to high traffic on photo sharing sites. There are a variety of interesting and artistic depictions of statues, but some stand out for their composition and focus. One particularly humorous photo features porcelain figurines. The sculpture in this photo was found in Hong Kong as part of a collection of contemporary Chinese art. There is less than two days left to vote in the first round of the contest.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Statuesque (Group 1)

• alex_caps

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Greg Bernhardt

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Integral

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 0TheSwerve0

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • fi

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Reshma

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
We have a diverse set of pictures of statues this week. It will be tough to pick one. So you'll get to pick two! :) The voting will be in 2 groups, and you have one vote for each group.

Please vote for the best picture depicting a statue (or more).

1. alex_caps
http://bikeflat.com/albums/july34/linc2.sized.jpg

2. Greg Bernhardt
wash.gif

3. Integral
http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/Photo_contest/f3HPIM1819a.JPG

4. 0TheSwerve0
IMG_3790.jpg

5. fi
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2262/dsc03971vw0.jpg

6. Reshma
statue.jpg

Contest thread

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Integral's picture isn't showing up for me...

Some time the server that's hosting the photo isn't responding. Either do a Refresh/Reload, or wait a few mins.

Zz.

Yeah, the link is broken in the original thread too. :frown: Fortunately, I remember seeing it before and know what the statue was, so can make my decision anyway. I think some of the photo sharing sites have gotten too popular, and can't keep up with the traffic.

As much as I like the actual statues/art that was captured for some of these photos, I think it's Alex_Caps' photo I like...the angle and composition are nice, and it's all in focus too (some are just a bit out-of-focus, or have glare that makes it hard to appreciate).

5. fi is just too funny!

Where in the world did you find those porcelain figurines?

rewebster said:
5. fi is just too funny!

Where in the world did you find those porcelain figurines?
:smile:
Thanks, and thanks 0Theswerve0 too.
I found the sculpture, by Liu Jianhua, while admiring a collection of fairly witty and risque contemporary Chinese art in Hong Kong.

Last edited:
Less than 2 days left to vote in the first round of this contest. So get your votes in soon!

Zz.

What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Statuesque (Group 1)"?

The purpose of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Statuesque (Group 1)" is to showcase and celebrate the best photographs of statues and sculptures submitted by photographers from around the world. It is a competition that aims to promote the art of photography and highlight the beauty and significance of statues in our society.

Who can participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Statuesque (Group 1)"?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Statuesque (Group 1)" is open to all photographers, both amateur and professional, from any part of the world. As long as the submitted photograph fits the theme of statues and sculptures, it will be considered for the competition.

How are the winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Statuesque (Group 1)" chosen?

The winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Statuesque (Group 1)" are chosen by a panel of judges who are experts in the field of photography and art. They will evaluate the submissions based on creativity, technical skill, and how well the photograph captures the essence and beauty of the statue or sculpture.

What are the prizes for the winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Statuesque (Group 1)"?

The prizes for the winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Statuesque (Group 1)" may vary, but they typically include cash prizes, photography equipment, and the opportunity to have their winning photograph featured in publications or exhibitions. There may also be special prizes for runners-up or honorable mentions.

How can I submit my photograph to the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Statuesque (Group 1)"?

To submit your photograph to the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Statuesque (Group 1)", you will need to go to the official website of the contest and follow the instructions for submission. Usually, you will be required to provide your name, contact information, and the photograph in high-resolution format. Make sure to read the submission guidelines carefully to ensure your entry is eligible for consideration.