Want to join the PF Holiday Card Exchange?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Exchange
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
51 replies · 6K views
Still awaiting cards in the mail. At this time of year, NZ Post gets behind in international mail (working at Te Puni Mail Centre last Christmas, stuff that was suppose to arrive early morning for sorting and dispatch that day came during the day. It is because the International Mail Centre in Auckland is swamped, and the cards/parcels are manually sorted). I'm sure they will arrive eventually.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The card arrived today -- thank you Greg!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
StevieTNZ said:
The card arrived today -- thank you Greg!
You're expecting his card like a dry field in need of water (sorry if my comparison sounds silly :DD).
 
Would you like to receive a card from me too ? I would love to send you one, which will probably come to you some time early next year.
 
Silicon Waffle said:
Would you like to receive a card from me too ? I would love to send you one, which will probably come to you some time early next year.
Sure, I'll PM you my address and you can PM me yours. I'll attempt to get it posted tomorrow.
 
StevieTNZ said:
Sure, I'll PM you my address and you can PM me yours. I'll attempt to get it posted tomorrow.
Thank you Stevie.
 
StevieTNZ said:
Sure, I'll PM you my address and you can PM me yours. I'll attempt to get it posted tomorrow.
I just sent you my card and was told it would reach your area within 2-3 weeks. Happy holidays! :biggrin:
 
Got my cards from Sophia and silicon waffle!
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1451242916.969024.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia and Silicon Waffle
Silicon Waffle said:
I just sent you my card and was told it would reach your area within 2-3 weeks. Happy holidays! :biggrin:
Thank you! Your card should reach you between 3 - 10 working days, as an estimate. Because it was sent the 24th, it might be still waiting to be sent from NZ (Friday, Saturday, and today (Monday) are public holidays).
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Silicon Waffle
Thank you Greg! :wink:
I'll post the sticker on local notice board :)
 
Attachments
  • greg.jpg
    greg.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 541
Sophia said:
Thank you Greg! :wink:
I'll post the sticker on local notice board :)
How lovely! I really envy! :H
 
Silicon Waffle said:
How lovely! I really envy! :H
Oh, no need to be envious, you'll get one from me, too :)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Silicon Waffle
I just received a card from Sophia. Thank you Sophia so much for the lovely poem and your wishes.
That your postcard picture is told to be painted by handicapped people really makes your exchanged gift more meaningful to me in this season. Thank you for that too. :smile:
 
Attachments
  • Sophia.jpg
    Sophia.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 480
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia and Greg Bernhardt
I have just today Wednesday, received a card from Silicon Waffle, Thanks SW:biggrin:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Silicon Waffle
Today Friday i, received a card from Vesna, thank you Vesna:biggrin:, i will be posting pictures when i have my new camera set up.
 
These are my cards from Greg, Vesna, and Vu.
Top left is from silicon waffle
Bottom one fro Vesna
Top right is from Greg
 
Attachments
  • SAM_0167.JPG
    SAM_0167.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 446
  • SAM_0168.JPG
    SAM_0168.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 459
  • SAM_0169.JPG
    SAM_0169.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia, Silicon Waffle and Greg Bernhardt
@Silicon Waffle -- received your card today! Thank you!

(To be honest, I didn't know NZ Post was doing delivery today, given it is a public holiday.)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Silicon Waffle
StevieTNZ said:
@Silicon Waffle -- received your card today! Thank you!

(To be honest, I didn't know NZ Post was doing delivery today, given it is a public holiday.)
I am happy to hear that. Postmen are the greatest workers of all ages to me. :biggrin:
 
Thank you, Silicon Waffle! :)
 
Attachments
  • SiliconWaffle.jpg
    SiliconWaffle.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 436
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Silicon Waffle