Want to See Incredible Pictures from the 2011 Welcome Image Awards?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Image Welcome
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the link Evo. The images there are incredible! I wonder how they took of it so well.

My favorites: Cell division and gene expression in plants, Wheat infected with ergot fungus, and Blood clot on a plaster. Never in a million years would I be able to guess what those images were.
 
sourlemon said:
Thanks for the link Evo. The images there are incredible! I wonder how they took of it so well.

My favorites: Cell division and gene expression in plants, Wheat infected with ergot fungus, and Blood clot on a plaster. Never in a million years would I be able to guess what those images were.
Yes, I like that they describe what the picture is.
 
Evo said:
These pictures are incredible.

http://www.wellcomeimageawards.org

Thanks for posting the link- these are amazing.

If you play the "light microscopy" video (under techniques), you'll get a nice interview with Spike Walker, and see some of his equipment. I also have an Ultraphot III (the big beast around 4 minutes) - if you haven't seen one in action, definitely check out the video. Spike is a true gentleman, and is very approachable.
 
Last edited: