Was the World of Warcraft memorial service attack justified?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PIT2
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 3K views
PIT2
Messages
897
Reaction score
2
In the World of Warcraft, Serenity Now - a hardcore Player-verus-Player (PvP) guild - attacked an in-game memorial service held by another guild for a guild member who passed away in real life. They made a video of the exploit, apparently for recruitment purposes.

http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/51161

The video can be seen http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7667194685876573666

What do u think of it? Good humour or distasteful?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I could honestly care less about what a bunch of loosers playing WOW do.
 
I am so out of the loop I don't even know where to begin.

A buch of kids bust up an on-line funeral for someone that died in real life? I don't find it funny, but at the same time, I don't think any of the kids that did it would even consider doing the same in real life. Because of the way they act online I wouldn't be adversed to calling any of them idiots.
 
If you're holding a funeral for a real death in WoW(How lame), you can't expect anybody to actually NOT come in and ruin it...
 
I'm really not sure what part of this was the most pathetic display I've ever seen in my life.

1) having a funeral in a game
2) someone disrupting the funeral
3) complaining about it and mispelling "congratulations" amongst other things

And that was after watching 10 seconds

Ah yes, i love this one : "Instead of being REAL PVPers and entering BGs, you ***** out and gank lowbies"

What exactly does that mean.
 
If you're holding a funeral for a real death in WoW(How lame), you can't expect anybody to actually NOT come in and ruin it...
I'm really not sure what part of this was the most pathetic display I've ever seen in my life.

1) having a funeral in a game
I never thought General Discussion was the most sensitive of forums, but this is ridiculous!
 
Well I mean really... what is this society coming to. What next, weddings online?
 
Pengwuino said:
Well I mean really... what is this society coming to. What next, weddings online?

You're a bit too late on that one :smile:
 
moose said:
You're a bit too late on that one :smile:

please don't tell me...
 
Several years too late. :smile:

But unlike this funeral (which was essentially a real funeral, just conducted through this particular medium), the online weddings of which I knew were merely fictional weddings of the fictional characters the people played.