Water recycle system (regarding what is the CFC system)

In summary, the machine described is designed to destroy air pollutants. It uses a catalytic oxidation process to do so, and it is self-sustaining with no need for auxiliary fuel.
MariusM
Hello!

I am currently trying to figure out how a water recycling machine works (this machine http://www.floridawb.info/page45.html except I have the CW2 version). I am stumbling a bit on understanding the CFC system of this machine. I believe it has something to do with the cataclytic chamber on the machine.
Quote from product catalog: "CO3P - Catalytic Oxidation Process
The most advanced oxidation technology available. This low maintenance system is ideal for elimination of contaminants such as organics, pesticides, algae, bacteria, color, and odors. The oxidation process creates a hydroxyl radical through the use of ozone, UV light, and RGF’s Oxy Puck, which actually oxidizes the contaminants to harmless carbon dioxide and water, thereby decontaminating the water and increasing filter life."

All I know about the acronym CFC is chlorofluorocarbon, but it would be weird if this were related to my recycling machine?

Would really appreciate some help here if anyone knows something about this!

Engineering news on Phys.org
The acronym CFC is not unique in referring to chlorofluorocarbons. In this application, CFC could refer to something else entirely.

Here's how one company's system works. Does this answer your doubt?

The Anguil Catalytic Recuperative Oxidizer destroys Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs), Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and odorous emissions that are often discharged from industrial processes. The air pollution control device achieves emission destruction at significantly lower temperatures than thermal oxidation through the use of catalyst, converting pollutants to carbon dioxide, water vapor and heat.

VOC and HAP laden process gas is either pushed or pulled into a metal heat exchanger inside the oxidizer via a system fan. The contaminated airstream is progressively heated while traveling through the heat exchanger towards the combustion chamber. At the burner, the process gas is raised to the catalyst operating temperature. As the heated gas passes through the catalyst, an exothermic (heat releasing) reaction takes place. The pollutants are converted to carbon dioxide, water vapor and heat.

Once oxidized across the catalyst, the hot, purified air passes through the opposite side of the heat exchanger and releases thermal energy to preheat the incoming air. The heat exchanger reduces the auxiliary fuel requirement, thus saving operating cost, allowing self-sustaining operation with no auxiliary fuel usage at Lower Explosive Limits (LEL) levels of 8-12%. Finally, the cooler, purified air is exhausted to the atmosphere through the system stack.

http://www.anguil.com/oxidizers/catalytic-recuperative.aspx?gclid=CMSM6P2gsbkCFQto7Aod7WoAZQ

Where does the phrase 'CFC system' even appear?
I could not see it in the literature you referenced, so the context is lacking.
Meanwhile 'Bobbywhy' has graciously provided the answer to the original question.

I've finally managed to get my hands on a manual for the operation of the machine, but the process described in the manual combined with the process you provided a description of "Bobbywhy" really helped me get a better and more clear understanding of the process. Thank you very much for your reply!

What is a Water Recycle System?

A Water Recycle System is a system that collects, treats, and recycles wastewater to be reused for various purposes such as irrigation, industrial processes, and even drinking water. It helps conserve precious freshwater resources and reduces the amount of wastewater that is released into the environment.

How does a Water Recycle System work?

A Water Recycle System typically involves multiple processes such as physical, chemical, and biological treatment to remove contaminants from wastewater. The treated water is then disinfected and stored for reuse. Some systems may also include advanced technologies like reverse osmosis to produce high-quality water.

What is the role of CFC in a Water Recycle System?

CFC, or Chlorofluorocarbon, is a chemical compound that has been commonly used as a refrigerant in cooling systems. In a Water Recycle System, CFC is used as a refrigerant in the cooling towers to remove heat from the treated water. This helps maintain the desired temperature for optimal treatment processes.

Why is CFC being phased out in Water Recycle Systems?

CFCs have been found to contribute to the depletion of the ozone layer, which protects the Earth from harmful UV radiation. As a result, there has been a global effort to phase out the use of CFCs in various industries, including Water Recycle Systems. Alternative refrigerants that are more environmentally friendly and have a lower impact on the ozone layer are now being used.

Are there any potential risks associated with CFC use in Water Recycle Systems?

Yes, there are potential risks associated with CFC use in Water Recycle Systems. If the CFCs leak from the cooling towers, they can contribute to ozone depletion and also have negative impacts on human health. Therefore, it is important to properly maintain and monitor CFC use in Water Recycle Systems to prevent any potential risks.