Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Well just blow my freaking brains out

1. Feb 7, 2007 #1
    "AIROBI, Kenya (AP) -- Deep in the dusty, unlit corridors of Kenya's national museum, locked away in a plain-looking cabinet, is one of mankind's oldest relics: Turkana Boy, as he is known, the most complete skeleton of a prehistoric human ever found.

But his first public display later this year is at the heart of a growing storm -- one pitting scientists against Kenya's powerful and popular evangelical Christian movement."

Give me a bloody break man - I can just imagine these peoples' reasoning: "If there's no exhibit, there's no proof to contradict us!"

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2007 #2

Staff: Mentor

4. Feb 7, 2007 #3

If you think that's bad try Uganda where the Church of the Revelation has insiduously worked it's way into their system in the face of the Catholics. The Lords Resistance army a fundementalist ideoloigcal group is responsible for kidnappings(usually young females, rape, extortion, torture and killings) And you thought Christianity never spawned terrorism, think again.

If that isn't bad enough the US backed Church of the Revelation has recruited thousands of followers, preaching that we are in the final days and that judgement day will follow soon, in a country wracked with AIDS and struggling to pull itself together, 1 in 5 children are taken out of school as they see no point as soon the rapture is going to happen anyway, so what need education? People don't wear condoms because obviously it doesn't matter if they get AIDS or not. Now this is the damage a fundementalist church can do. And all because they believe judgement day wont come untill christianity has spread to all countries, so let's hurry it along a bit :rolleyes: go with the Catholic view, it already happened Nero was the Antichrist, we're now in the last days, the last thousand years. Oh no wait a minute :smile:
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?