Where to find practice tests and videos for the ACS physical chemistry exam

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
rmiller70015
Messages
110
Reaction score
1
I am taking the second semester of physical chemsitry (quantum, spectroscopy, and some stat mech). I was wondering if there are any resources outside of the ACS study guide and open course ware. I'd really like some practice tests if possible so I can see what I need to study.

Also, any lecture videos would be great too.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Old GRE’s maybe? Honestly the best thing you can do is probably go through a Pchem book and make sure you can do the problems from the relevant sections you’re studying.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Bystander
I'd ask your prof. We mentor several students in ACS approved chemistry programs, and when there is an ACS exam involved, their profs usually provide ample study materials.
 
Dr. Courtney said:
I'd ask your prof. We mentor several students in ACS approved chemistry programs, and when there is an ACS exam involved, their profs usually provide ample study materials.
Not mine, he's a bare minimum, high steaks testing type of professor. He also helped write the test and the study guide for pchem but doesn't give us much to go on and I suspect that's an ethics decision.

Also, does anyone know if equations will be given to us for things like black body radiation, photoelectric effect, etc.?
 
rmiller70015 said:
Also, does anyone know if equations will be given to us for things like black body radiation, photoelectric effect, etc.?

What did you professor say when you asked him that?