What are recommended resources for studying quantum mechanics for the PGRE?

In summary, the conversation was about finding a good quantum mechanics textbook to study in preparation for the pgre. The person had already covered the quantum chapters in their Modern Physics class, but wanted to self-study more for the pgre. Recommendations and resources for pgre preparation were discussed, including websites with practice problems and suggested sources for studying quantum.
Stengah
Hey PF,

I'm looking for a decent quantum mechanics textbook to work through in preparation for the pgre. I did all of the quantum chapters in Modern Physics by Serway/Moses/Moyer this semester in my modern class, but I won't take more quantum until after my first go at the pgre. So I plan on self studying as much as I can. Any recommendations, especially for pgre preparation?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to What are recommended resources for studying quantum mechanics for the PGRE?

1. What is quantum physics?

Quantum physics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior and interactions of subatomic particles, such as electrons and photons. It describes the fundamental principles that govern the behavior of matter and energy at a microscopic level.

2. How is quantum physics relevant to the GRE?

Quantum physics is often included in the GRE as a subject that students can choose to be tested on as part of the Physics Subject Test. It is important for students pursuing graduate studies in physics or related fields to have a strong understanding of quantum physics.

3. What topics are typically covered in a quantum textbook for GRE prep?

A quantum textbook for GRE prep may cover topics such as wave-particle duality, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, quantum entanglement, quantum tunneling, and the Schrödinger equation. It may also include practice problems and sample GRE questions related to these topics.

4. Is a quantum textbook necessary for GRE preparation?

It depends on the individual's level of understanding and comfort with quantum physics. For those who are not familiar with the subject, a quantum textbook may be helpful in providing a comprehensive review and practice questions. However, for those with a strong background in quantum physics, it may not be necessary.

5. Are there any recommended quantum textbooks for GRE prep?

There are many quantum textbooks available for GRE prep, and it ultimately depends on the individual's learning style and preference. Some popular options include "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David J. Griffiths.