What are some career options for someone who loves cars and computers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter confuseddude
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Career
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
confuseddude
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,

I'm 17 and I'm only a year away from university, and i have absolutely no idea what subjects to take! I love cars and the technical stuff in cars .I love computers ,and like math and physics. Now from reading several topics I've learned that some guys are confused whether to take CE/CS etc.. and also that you should pursue a career that you love.
I was thinking of working for a car company...or developing video games with microsoft (or any other game developer)
can you guys help me out in selecting a career?

EDIT : I also love Fighter Jets and Aeroplanes of all sorts :) (Eurofighter Typhoon FTW!)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you like cars, you might be interested in Mechanical Engineering (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_engineering)

Computer Engineering combines electrical and electronic engineering in a computer environment: circuit analysis, hardware design, and microprocessing.

Computer Science on the other hand deals with the theory of computation, algorithms, complexity theory, data structures, etc.