What are some Secret Service codenames for prominent figures?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter noumed
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
22 replies · 4K views
noumed
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Thought I'd share this with all of you...

http://www.nndb.com/lists/050/000140627/"

Obama is Renegade, that sounds more like a maverick to me!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
turbo-1 said:
Todd=Driller
Sarah=Denali (Are you sure that's not a typo? "Denial" sounds more appropriate.)

:smile::smile::smile:
 
turbo-1 said:
Todd=Driller
Appropriate name for someone with 5 kids... o:) "Drill, baby, drill!"

turbo-1 said:
Todd=Driller
Sarah=Denali (Are you sure that's not a typo? "Denial" sounds more appropriate.)
:smile:
 
With all the foxes and astronomical stuff, I was hoping someone would be nicknamed 'Star Fox'
 
Uh, Prince Charles is "Unicorn"? That seems a bit fruity. Is this going to cause an international incident?

Unless it's... oh god, I can't help myself but tell this joke, children, cover your eyes... unless it's that he only likes to be ridden by virgins.

[EDIT] Okay, wait a minute... I was only kidding when I said that, but now that I've thought about it, could that actually be an inside Secret Service joke? Something they might have been privy to?
⚛​
 
CaptainQuasar said:
Uh, Prince Charles is "Unicorn"? That seems a bit fruity. Is this going to cause an international incident?

Unless it's... oh god, I can't help myself but tell this joke, children, cover your eyes... unless it's that he only likes to be ridden by virgins.
Have you taken a look at his mate?
 
Dick Cheney... 'Backseat'? What's he doing in that backseat?

I find it ironic that Bush's press secretary has the nickname 'Matrix'. I wish we had some of these from himAre WMDS real?

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

Or
Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions.

or

What is "real"? How do you define "real"?
 
turbo-1 said:
Have you taken a look at his mate?

I know, but what I meant by proposing it's an inside joke is that it might refer to his tastes when, ahem, ordering room service during visits to the U.S. As in, y'know, the world's oldest room service.
⚛​
 
phoenixy said:
DAMN IT, John McCain's nickname is Phoenix :cry:

Why. You think it should have been Old Navy?

Or Maverick

And Sarah Palin named Goose?
 
WarPhalange said:
Do they get to pick? I'd honestly want mine to be War Phalange.

I don't get your username, actually. I mean, isn't "phalange" just the French word for "phalanx"? It seems redundant, something like "War Army". (Though there wouldn't be anything wrong with that, I just wonder if there's a joke I'm not getting.) It's not a reference to the Lebanese political party, is it?
⚛​
 
LowlyPion said:
Why. You think it should have been Old Navy?

Or Maverick

And Sarah Palin named Goose?

Anything but my nick. Just not the right codename for a loser.

MINE MINE MINE

:biggrin:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
LowlyPion said:
Why. You think it should have been Old Navy?

Or Maverick

And Sarah Palin named Goose?

McCain's gone down in flames several times now
 
CaptainQuasar said:
I don't get your username, actually. I mean, isn't "phalange" just the French word for "phalanx"? It seems redundant, something like "War Army". (Though there wouldn't be anything wrong with that, I just wonder if there's a joke I'm not getting.) It's not a reference to the Lebanese political party, is it?
⚛​


Actually it was meant to be a singular version of "phalanges" in reference to finger bones. But I'm incompetent so I figured the singular version was phalange and not phalanx.

And that in turn comes from my friend and I being in English class years back and he started saying words that start with "war" and when he couldn't name any more he just said "war phalange" and I stole it because I have no shame.
 
Oh, I wasn't familiar with that definition. It does look as though "phalange" is correct for the bones in your hands and feet, in English. It just comes from the same root as a "phalanx" which is kind of like a platoon of soldiers (and is translated as "phalange" in French.)
⚛​
 
Proton Soup said:
McCain's gone down in flames several times now
And like a true Phoenix, he will rise from the ashes and surprise everybody. McCain '12!
 
noumed said:
And like a true Phoenix, he will rise from the ashes and surprise everybody. McCain '12!

At 76 that would be a surprise even for him.

Cindy should be so lucky.
 
LowlyPion said:
At 76 that would be a surprise even for him.

Cindy should be so lucky.
Hugh Hefner would be proud.
 
WarPhalange said:
Actually it was meant to be a singular version of "phalanges" in reference to finger bones. But I'm incompetent so I figured the singular version was phalange and not phalanx.

And that in turn comes from my friend and I being in English class years back and he started saying words that start with "war" and when he couldn't name any more he just said "war phalange" and I stole it because I have no shame.

All digits (fingers AND toes) are phalanges. One of them is called a phalange. They consist of 2 or 3 phalanx bones (proximal, middle and distal or just proximal and distal).

So...just which one is considered your 'war finger' or 'war toe'? :smile:
 
I think that WarPhalange sounds cool, now that I better understand what it means.
⚛​