What are the applications of solar sails?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Enis
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I'm working on a project on solar sails, and I was wondering if you could provide me with some information.
I couldn't find much on the internet, except highly technical research. In fact, even the Wikipedia article is too technical for my purposes.
If you know about this stuff or have any source(s) relevant to me, please write, it's really important.
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
even the Wikipedia article is too technical for my purposes

The Wikipedia article looks pretty comprehensive. Some of it's technical, but it also talks about the history of the idea of solar sails, what they would be made of, possible applications for them, and actual projects that have been planned or attempted. I'd have another look at it and if you still have problems come back with some specific questions.

If you do, it would be helpful if you told us roughly how much physics you know.
 
Last edited: