What Are the Best Academic Journals for Aspiring Planetary Scientists?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter astrogato96
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Journal Planetary
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
astrogato96
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I'm an undergraduate Physics major looking to jump into Planetary. Through either a reasonably priced subscription, or free, and in paper or online, what would you suggest as a journal or professional level news aggregate for me to get the latest updates and literature in planetary science?

I'm essentially looking for some source of planetary news that is a little more professional/academic than popular science news outlets to follow, so I have things to write and think about for grad school.

For Space!
~ Jared
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Should find out what journal your faculty advisor publishes in.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jedishrfu
Have had a busy time since that week in January.

I've made phys.org my homepage, and really like the 2nd idea. Thanks!
 
Try scrolling through the astro-ph page on the ArXiv every day. Even if you just read the titles and abstracts, you will get a feeling for what people are working on and what progress is being made. If there is a really interesting paper, you can dig into it in more detail.