What Are the Best Alternative Energy-Themed Gifts?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 4K views
Coin
Messages
564
Reaction score
1
Here is a cheesy question. I have a brother who does alternative energy research and hopes to get a job in the field when he graduates this year. (His specific area is something called "enhanced geothermal".) I am trying to figure out if there is some sort of Christmas present I could give him that would somehow be themed after or relevant to alternative energy technology or just energy technology in general. Like, for example, is there a magazine I could give him a subscription to, or an engineering society it would make sense to get him a membership in, or anything of the sort that comes to mind? (Other than "maybe some kind of magazine subscription?" I do not have a very clear idea what I am thinking of here.)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Like your brother, I am a bit of an alternative energy nut. Except my area is fuel cells and hydrogen infrastructure instead of advanced geothermal. I think a good gift would be alternative energy apparel such as a geothermal t-shirt(s) or something. For example;

http://www.zazzle.com/politics/tl-alternative_energy

Save the planet!
 
dvs147672.jpg
 
There are all kinds of solar powered devices on the market. My current :smile: favorite is the solar security lights. You can mount them about anywhere and no wires are needed.