What are the chemical reactions involved in metal plating?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Roger Paine
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 915 views
Roger Paine
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I'm a designer and blacksmith or metal working artist. My interesting chemistry has been stimulated by problems that I have had with corrosion and plating steel and iron. I set out to do copper plating as a means of adding colour to my work but the horizon has quickly expanded to include zinc, nickel & brass. I am accumulating chemicals at a rapid rate and want to know more about what is happening in the reactions that are happening.
More fun than something that is commonly regarded as a lot of fun but which doesn't spring immediately to mind...
 
Physics news on Phys.org