What Are the Consequences of Damage to the Ionosphere?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter LT72884
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ionosphere
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
LT72884
Messages
341
Reaction score
50
So as what i understand of this piece of our sky is that it is a bunch of ions collected together that does what? I know that we bounce radio signals off of it for HAM radios and other types of communications. I don't understand the ionosphere very much and would like to learn. What happens if it is damaged? how does it get damaged?

thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Drakkith said:
See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionosphere

Follow the links around and you will find a wealth of info!

ok cool thanks. Its interesting some of the conspericy theories out about the ionosphere. any explanation on haarp?
thanks

EDIT

let me reword that. I noticed the article on haarp. I have looked over it but i have my doubts bout it becuse to me, it would take a crap load of energy to do what some theorist say. haha.
 
Last edited:
HAARP, the actual research program, looks like a normal program. I can't see anything that would be suspicious. The theory's and accusations otherwise are completely unfounded and typical of conspiracy theorists everywhere. Now, let's no longer talk about that, as it would be better to start a new thread in the Debunking forum.
 
Drakkith said:
HAARP, the actual research program, looks like a normal program. I can't see anything that would be suspicious. The theory's and accusations otherwise are completely unfounded and typical of conspiracy theorists everywhere. Now, let's no longer talk about that, as it would be better to start a new thread in the Debunking forum.


LOL, that's what i say. it would take soooo much energy to manipulate the ionsphere . Anyway thanks for all the info.