What Are the Four Fundamental Forces of Nature?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
seasnake
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
gravity: Fg = GM1M2/r^2
electro-magnetic:
weak force:
strong force:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. Physics is way, way more complicated then that.

-Newton's law of gravity is incorrect. What is currently accepted as the correct description of gravity is Einstein's general relativity which is extremely mathematically complicated but the basic field equation looks like: [itex]R_{\mu \nu} - {1 \over 2}g_{\mu \nu}\,R + g_{\mu \nu} \Lambda = {8 \pi G \over c^4} T_{\mu \nu}[/itex]

-The electro-magnetic forces are governed by QED which, for lack of a better desciption is quantum mechanics with a coulumb force which has been quantized.

-As for weak and strong I actually have no idea, it's never been relevant for me but I know they're both notoriously convoluted.

Plus, we don't have a grand unified theory. general relativity does not mesh with quantum field theory.