What are the intersections of engineering, astrophysics, and science fiction?

• Thread starter Skyland
  • Start date
  • Tags
    greetings
In summary, the intersections of engineering, astrophysics, and science fiction can be seen in various ways. For example, engineering principles are often used in the creation of futuristic technologies and spacecrafts depicted in science fiction. Similarly, astrophysics concepts and theories are often explored and expanded upon in science fiction, allowing for imaginative and speculative scenarios. Additionally, engineers and astrophysicists may draw inspiration from science fiction works in their research and design processes, creating a cyclical relationship between the three fields. Overall, the combination of these disciplines allows for innovative ideas and advancements in both science and fiction.
Skyland
My full name is Skyland Sea Hilton, I am a maintenance tech at a hotel, and for fun I make videos games and write science fiction. I will most likely be on this forum a lot as I study engineering for work, and astrophysics for fun.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Hello and welcome!

Sounds fun! Good that we have forums of all you have listed: engineering, astronomy and science-fiction. So have fun and stay curious!

Likes Skyland