What are the Most Respected Journals in Medical Research Fields?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Fra
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Journals
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
Fra
Messages
4,459
Reaction score
743
I apologize for this simple question, but maybe some of you dedicates medical experts can give me a quick answer to this? I think this is the right section.

What scientific journals, among international top-3 or so would you think a researcher would rather get published in these fields?

- (Heart)surgery

- Anasthesia

- Medicin (focus on the heart/blood)?

- Neuroscience? pain/stress responses and behavioural brain neuroscience learning disorders

The reason I ask is that I am not that familiar with these journals and I am assembling a reference list to produce an argument for the reputation of a measurement system. The question is which references from what journals of that system that would generally be considered having most status?

/Fredrik
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Nature and Science publish the most high profile results in these fields. For neuroscience, (my field) other very well respected journals, roughly in order from more prestige to less, are:

Neuron
Nature Neuroscience
Journal of Neurophysiology