What Are the Theoretical Aspects of High-Temperature Polymers?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 12K views
technobot
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Hello, could anyone point me to some resources where I can find information about high-temperature polymers? In particular, I am interested in the theoretical aspects of typical structures and how it enables the polymers' thermal properties and possibly other properties. Processing methodology information can also be interesting.

I prefer online sources, if possible, so I could access the information in the evening hours.

Thank you.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Polyimides are some of the best high temperature polymers. Processing is a function of the product that is produced. By theoretical aspects I assume that you refer to some structure/property correlations?

Here is an interesting site:

http://www.pslc.ws/macrog/imide.htm
 
Last edited by a moderator:
chemisttree said:
By theoretical aspects I assume that you refer to some structure/property correlations?
Yes. Thanks for the link. :smile: