What are the top universities for Physics internships in Canada?

In summary, the eligibility requirements for a physics internship in Canada may vary but generally require a strong academic background, communication skills, and passion for the field. The duration of internships can range from 3 months to a year, with some offering part-time opportunities. Most internships are paid, with the amount varying by program. The types of projects can also vary, from theoretical research to hands-on experiments. To find and apply for internships, one can search job boards, contact their university's career center or professors, and network at job fairs or conferences.
zheng89120
Hi, I was wondering which universities' physics departments in Canada offers the best chances of getting a summer internship with for 2011 (usually funded by NSERC).

I have already applied to a bunch, but my marks are not that good. So the physics departments with the least applicant per internship is something I have to look into (I am in my 3rd year already and wishes to go to grad school).

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
University of Manitoba takes lots of students, but generally you need at least decent marks, if not NSERC caliber. I don't know what you mean by not good.

Related to What are the top universities for Physics internships in Canada?

1. What are the eligibility requirements for a physics internship in Canada?

The eligibility requirements for a physics internship in Canada may vary depending on the specific program or institution. However, most internships will require applicants to have a strong academic background in physics, excellent communication skills, and a passion for the field. Some internships may also have specific requirements such as knowledge of certain programming languages or prior research experience.

2. How long do physics internships in Canada typically last?

The duration of physics internships in Canada can vary, but they typically last anywhere from 3 months to a year. Some internships may also offer part-time opportunities, which can last for a longer period of time.

3. Are physics internships in Canada paid?

Most physics internships in Canada are paid, but the amount may vary depending on the specific program and institution. Some internships may offer a stipend or salary, while others may cover expenses such as housing and transportation. It is important to research the specific internship program to determine if it is paid or unpaid.

4. What types of projects can I expect to work on during a physics internship in Canada?

The types of projects you may work on during a physics internship in Canada can vary greatly depending on the program and institution. Some internships may focus on theoretical research, while others may involve hands-on experiments or data analysis. It is important to research the specific program or institution to get an idea of the types of projects they offer.

5. How can I find and apply for physics internships in Canada?

There are several ways to find and apply for physics internships in Canada. One option is to search for internships on job boards or websites of specific institutions or organizations. You can also reach out to your university's career center or professors for potential internship opportunities. Additionally, networking and attending job fairs or conferences can also help you find and apply for physics internships in Canada.