What Black Mirror episode is your favorite?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mirror
In summary, the conversation is about discussing different episodes from the TV show Black Mirror. The participants mention their favorite episodes and discuss how the use of technology drives the story in each one. They also mention how the show often explores the consequences of technology on human behavior. The conversation concludes with a mention of the episode "U.S.S Callister" and how it tackles the topic of consciousness and DNA.
I've only seen a handful so far, but I really liked the haunted house video game episode from the first season.

Physics news on Phys.org
San Junipero is a great episode, the technology isn't center stage but instead is used to drive a very human story (which I think is true of all the good black mirror episodes). Archangel is one where the social consequences of a technology drive the motivations of all the characters with no bad guy but bad behaviours which are completely understandable. Last hated in the nation is a fun procedural :)

Likes Greg Bernhardt
'15 Million Merits', hands-down. Great story, great acting. "The Entire History of You" is also awesome.

Likes Bandersnatch
Nosedive

and the Star Trek one

Hated in the Nation without a doubt.

Ryan_m_b said:
San Junipero is a great episode, the technology isn't center stage but instead is used to drive a very human story (which I think is true of all the good black mirror episodes).
Just watched it. Very deep! Not sure I get the ending and really the moral of the story because it.

I liked "Archangel", like many of the episodes it is not far in our future and is quite scary.

Cheers

The U.S.S Callister one.Getting a guy's consicousnous via DNA is such a horrifying yet great topic for black mirror.

1. What makes a Black Mirror episode stand out as your favorite?

The themes and concepts explored in each episode are thought-provoking and often hit close to home, making them memorable and impactful.

2. Is there a particular episode that has stayed with you long after watching it?

For me, "San Junipero" is the most unforgettable episode due to its emotional storyline and exploration of the afterlife.

3. Which episode do you think best represents the overall tone and message of Black Mirror?

I believe "Nosedive" perfectly encapsulates the show's critique of society's obsession with social media and how it can lead to a dystopian future.

4. Do you have a favorite episode based on its technological innovations or advancements?

"USS Callister" stands out to me for its use of virtual reality and artificial intelligence to create a fully immersive gaming experience.

5. Are there any episodes that you would recommend to someone who is new to Black Mirror?

"Fifteen Million Merits" is a great introductory episode that showcases the show's dark and satirical humor, as well as its commentary on consumerism and reality TV.