What career opportunities are available in physics for older individuals?

  • Thread starter Thread starter anothermike
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 543 views
anothermike
Messages
9
Reaction score
7
How did you find PF?
Google search for an old physics textbook brought be to a PF thread, and I was hooked
In a prior life, I was a top physics student working toward an undergraduate major in Physics. I completed my program but lost my sense of direction along the way, and I've been wandering with poor aim ever since. I launched my professional career in software technology related to computer animation, bounced around in engineering for a few years, then shifted gears to technical training and teaching. I now work primarily as a private STEM tutor.

I'm interested in getting involved with some USAPhO training and coaching, and possibly finding a way to bring more of my physics background into a renewed career focus. Seems like there aren't too many career opportunities in physics for us older folks, though. I miss the camaraderie and world view of those I knew back in the day.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

I'm sure there's room for at least one more "Mike".
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: anothermike
Thanks @PeroK, much appreciated! I'm very happy to have found this community.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PeroK