What caused the peak of 1264 users online in 2004?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nicool005
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 7K views
Nicool005
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Most users ever online was 1264, 05-13-2004 at 10:26 PM.

Wow! What did I miss? Some mass gathering of PFlings? Is it going to happen again anytime soon?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I believe that was at the time of the first beheading video, there was a thread in one of the forums and apparently many people were googling for the keywords
 
Yeah. The latest high was the beheading video. The next highest - 600 or so I think - had to do with the John Titor thread being on the top 3 google results for Titor.
 
enigma said:
Yeah. The latest high was the beheading video. The next highest - 600 or so I think - had to do with the John Titor thread being on the top 3 google results for Titor.
A couple of months ago, for a few days, we were exceeding 1,100 members online, there was nothing special going on that I can recall, not too many of those were spiders either.
 
My first guess, before reading the followup postings, was that it must have been final exam week at a lot of colleges and universities. :smile:
 
jtbell said:
My first guess, before reading the followup postings, was that it must have been final exam week at a lot of colleges and universities. :smile:

Hah, yeah that was one of my thoughts too..

Beheading, eh? that's unpleasant


That's cool that google helps PF traffic these days
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
I think the last record was when we got slashdotted.
When ? I'd like to see that.