What Determines the Cross Sectional Flow Area in Air Ducts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter toofatcoolz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Area Cross Flow
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
toofatcoolz
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I was ask to find the Cross Sectional Flow Area of a air duct given this question : The air duct is a vertically mounted duct of 65mm by 150mm cross-section and approx. 1.2m long.

My working is like this: 65 x 150 = 9750mm2

I just wanted to clarify if my working is right.

Another question i would like to ask, to find Cross Sectional Flow Area, I thought u needed to know the length, width and height? Is it possible to find Cross Sectional Flow Area given just only the length and width?

Hope you guys can help me on it thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org