Two weeks in Uganda and South Africa with Compassion

  • Thread starter Thread starter davenn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
9,747
Reaction score
11,967
Hi guys and gals

not long back from a 2 week trip to Africa
first week was in Uganda visiting villages that an organisation called Compassion are doing work in
to bring the communities up to a better living standard ... health care, fresh water, education etc
Similar stuff to what UNICEF and Save the Children organisations do, but with higher % of the funds going to where it's needed

Whilst there, I met my sponsored child and his mom
The pic taken at Entebbe Airport ( am sure many of the senior members of PF will remember what happened at that airport back in the 1970's)

Ziwa, his mom Silvie and I

upload_2016-5-17_15-27-37.png


The second week was in Cape Town, SA. A very interesting experience in a city
of extremes

cheers
Dave
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1oldman2, mister mishka, ProfuselyQuarky and 4 others
Physics news on Phys.org
I really like Ziwa's shirt, so I googled: "shopping in Uganda"
I found one online retailer, Jumia, and the only prints they sell are labeled "Aztec". :confused:

Does this mean I have to go shopping in Mexico to get a Ugandan style shirt?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn
OmCheeto said:
Does this mean I have to go shopping in Mexico to get a Ugandan style shirt?

LOL maybe