What do you do when you forget to set your alarm and wake up late?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ring
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
4,411
Reaction score
552
So out of bed you get, shower and make breakfast it is only then that you realize you forgot to set your alarm the previous night,, what do you do, leave your breakfast and go back to bed, eat your breakfast and go back to bed, well you are up now you may as well stay up.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
So out of bed you get, shower and make breakfast it is only then that you realize you forgot to set your alarm the previous night,, what do you do, leave your breakfast and go back to bed, eat your breakfast and go back to bed, well you are up now you may as well stay up.
Stay up. By that time, I would be completely alert and wouldn't fall asleep anyway. I am a morning person. I feel I will lose much time by sleeping too long. I always wake up at 6.30-7.30 on weekends. Depends on the season. And I always go to sleep between 21.30-22.30 :) That's how my biorhytm works. I can become very irritated and nervous if I am forced to stay up after that time :H :wink:
 
Sophia said:
And I always go to sleep between 21.30-22.30 :) That's how my biorhytm works. I can become very irritated and nervous if I am forced to stay up after that time :H :wink:
That's a good habit. I can sleep pretty much anytime if I have the chance to (almost never).
Borek said:
Depends on what hour it is.
Pretty much sums it up. :wink:
wolram said:
So out of bed you get, shower and make breakfast it is only then that you realize you forgot to set your alarm the previous night,, what do you do, leave your breakfast and go back to bed, eat your breakfast and go back to bed, well you are up now you may as well stay up.
If I have no duties I usually look at the clock and don't even bother to do the first thing you mentioned. Simply go back to sleep.
  • Waking up after the hour I was supposed to wake up and don't have any duties:
    • Eat breakfast, clean my teeth, and go back to sleep.
  • Waking up a lot before the hour I was supposed to wake up and don't have any important duties:
    • Eat breakfast, clean my teeth, and go back to sleep.
  • Waking up after the hour I was supposed to wake up and have duties:
    • Stay up, straight to duties blazingly fast.
  • Waking up a lot before the hour I was supposed to wake up and have important duties:
    • Stay up, straight to duties.