What do you do when you get home?

• Thread starter kolleamm
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Home
In summary, the person spends most of their day building parts for projects and turns to Facebook and news articles for relaxation, but it doesn't feel productive. Their daily routine also includes washing their hands after work, having dinner and watching TV, and occasionally learning about math and physics. They also make an effort to exercise a couple of times a week.
kolleamm
I spend most of my day building parts for whatever project I have going on and then as soon as I get home I'm completely clueless on what to do next.

I turn to Facebook and news articles but it never really feels like it's relaxing or productive. Please describe your own daily routine.

Physics news on Phys.org
Usualy after i get home from class I spend majority of my time working on my robot playing halo or hanging out with my girlfriend. Although sometimes when I'm feeling extra ambitious Il spend my time learning about some of the more interesting/difficult parts of math and physics.

I take my shoes off before I enter the apartment.
Than I wash my hands thoroughly because I work with money all day and they are dirty.
I have dinner and watch my favourite TV show.

Facebook, news, followed by a realization it's not productive or relaxing :)

I do try to exercise at least a couple of times a week, though. It helps tremendously with everything else.

1. What do you usually do when you get home from work?

As a scientist, my work often involves conducting experiments, analyzing data, and writing reports. So when I get home, I try to take a break from all the mental work and unwind by doing something physical, like going for a walk or doing some yoga. This helps me clear my mind and relax after a long day.

2. Do you ever bring work home with you?

Yes, sometimes I do bring work home with me if I have an experiment that needs to run overnight or if I have a deadline coming up. However, I try to limit the amount of work I do at home to maintain a healthy work-life balance.

3. How do you balance your personal life with your work as a scientist?

Balancing personal life with work can be challenging, especially in a demanding field like science. To maintain balance, I make sure to prioritize my tasks and manage my time effectively. I also make time for hobbies, spending time with loved ones, and self-care activities like exercise and meditation.

4. What is the first thing you do when you get home?

The first thing I do when I get home is usually to change into comfortable clothes and make myself a cup of tea. This helps me relax and transition from work mode to home mode.

5. Do you ever take work home with you mentally?

I try not to take work home with me mentally, but it's not always easy. Sometimes, I find myself thinking about a project or an experiment even when I'm not at work. However, I make a conscious effort to disconnect from work and focus on my personal life when I'm at home.