Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What do you do when you're stuck for the answer?

1. Mar 28, 2009 #1
    You're stuck on a crossword clue or something and the answer is on the tip of your tongue but you just can't get it out?What do you do?
    I find it helps to walk slowly up and down with a slight rocking motion and with the hands held tightly behind the back whilst mumbling like an idiot. Try it out but be discrete in the exam hall. :confused:
    Does anybody have another method?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2009 #2

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Google often works for me.

4. Mar 28, 2009 #3
    If possible, I look over the shoulder of the student next to me. Sometimes I just sleep on it. In the morning I'm sure to see the light of day.

5. Mar 28, 2009 #4
    I prefer http://doogle.com" [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  6. Mar 28, 2009 #5
    Do you mean doogle in the magic roundabout?My favourite programme but I couldn't stand Zebedee that little nasty person on a spring.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  7. Mar 28, 2009 #6
    Huh? No its Irish Google (based on Father Ted, hence the name Doogle).

8. Mar 28, 2009 #7

Danger

Gold Member

I just ignore the problem, and my subconscious will usually figure it out for me.

9. Mar 28, 2009 #8
    Thanks to google, I would say that this problem is only of historical interest :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook