What Event Shaped the Mind of This Famous Scientist?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wadevala
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Scientist
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 3K views
wadevala
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
can anyone tell me if there's any particular event which happened in the past which helped shape the creative and childlike mind of famous scientist, thx.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm...not sure the "childlike" part of the assumption is necessarily true. Some of the best scientists were downright asses. In fact, maybe this is a common trait among the best scientists, at least in physics.
 
You are talking about individuals, so I would say no.
 
arunma said:
Hmm...not sure the "childlike" part of the assumption is necessarily true. Some of the best scientists were downright asses. In fact, maybe this is a common trait among the best scientists, at least in physics.

Hey, I am an a-hole! Thats me! <- points to self raising hand.
 
Cyrus said:
Hey, I am an a-hole! Thats me! <- points to self raising hand.

Ive never seen someone so glad to be an a-hole.
 
Einstein and Feynman only spoke their first words at 3 years of age. However, it is much too late for any of us to take that route. :cry:
 
I don't know about famous scientists, but there is an interesting controversy, that Hitler's anti-semitism dates back to his interactions with schoolboy Wittgenstein...