What factors affect the trajectory of a soccer ball in projectile motion?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Baquedano
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A soccer ball is kicked 27.43m away from the goal and 9.15m away from the defensive line with a initial velocity of 36 m/s, when the ball reaches the goal is 1.92m from the floor [/B]
I'll leave a little diagram of the problem, thanks for your time.
P.D: I apologize for my poor English, I hope you understood what I was trying to say
 
Attachments
  • IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 550
Physics news on Phys.org
Baquedano said:

Homework Statement


A soccer ball is kicked 27.43m away from the goal and 9.15m away from the defensive line with a initial velocity of 36 m/s, when the ball reaches the goal is 1.92m from the floor [/B]
I'll leave a little diagram of the problem, thanks for your time.
P.D: I apologize for my poor English, I hope you understood what I was trying to say

Welcome to the PF.

It's good you posted some of your work. Could your please type in your Attempt at the Solution? Thanks.
 
I don't want to offer too much help until you have attampted a solution.

To get you going though, try dividing this problem into 2 parts (when the ball is kicked and when it reaches maximum height, and then from maximum height to the goal).
 
Baquedano said:

Homework Statement


A soccer ball is kicked 27.43m away from the goal and 9.15m away from the defensive line with a initial velocity of 36 m/s, when the ball reaches the goal is 1.92m from the floor [/B]

What is the question?