Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What font for the unicode used at PF?

  1. Nov 22, 2012 #1


    User Avatar
    Homework Helper

    I'm running IE8. What font do I need to see all the unicode symbols used here at Physics Forums? I'm currently using Times New Roman, which gets most of them, but I still see occasional square blocks.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2012 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    I think you will always get some square blocks, as I doubt PF filters the content the people post - as long as it is not part of the input sanitizing. I am using Arial and I don't remember seeing squares at PF - but first, I am not sure it is the standard Microsoft font file as I remember needing some additional characters and googling for the extended font, second, just because I don't remember something doesn't mean much, as my wife would be happy to confirm.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook