What happened in the first three seconds after the Big Bang?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter QuantumMechanic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Seconds
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
QuantumMechanic
Does anyone have any information regarding the lack of knowledge as to what happened during the first three seconds of the Big Bang? I've recently found out that a lot of scientists have differing opinions but no one has any real evidence as to what occurred. What are the different ideas circulating?
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Making a Good First Impression?

QuantumMechanic said:
Does anyone have any information regarding the lack of knowledge as to what happened during the first three seconds of the Big Bang?

First three seconds after the putative "Big Bang"? (I thought there was a book by this title, but the one I found seems to be about something else...)
 
Chris Hillman said:
First three seconds after the putative "Big Bang"? (I thought there was a book by this title, but the one I found seems to be about something else...)
Chris, are you thinking perhaps about https://www.amazon.com/dp/0465024378/?tag=pfamazon01-20 by Steven Weinberg?

Garth
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, my stupid mistake! :blushing:

Garth
 
Last edited: