What Happens When a Black Hole Meets an Anti-Black Hole?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter James Leighe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Black hole Hole
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
James Leighe
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
What would happen?

I mean, would they annihilate?
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
There is no such thing as an anti-Black Hole in conventional physics. Could you be talking about something else?
 
No, When I say anti-black hole, I'm referring to a black hole collapsed from anti-matter.
 
They would merge into a single black hole. A black hole has no memory of what kind of material it formed out of.
 
I guess that this is because all the energy in such a small space makes the particles kind of random (e=mc stuff) and destroys the information or what?
 
The real answer is that there is no way to get any information about what went into a hole, other than how much was there, and if it carried angular momentum.

Could there be a nugget of information inside the horizon? Sure, why not, but much like the tootsie roll at the center of a tootsie pop, until you figure out how to bite open a black hole, it's gone.

One, ta-hoooo, tha-reee... *crunch*