What has been your favorite decade as a baby boomer and why?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ElliotSmith
  • Start date Start date

Which is for favorite decade of the past 60+ years?

  • 1950's

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 1960's

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1970's

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 1980's

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 1990's

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 2000's

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 2010's

    Votes: 2 10.5%

  • Total voters
    19
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 4K views
zoobyshoe said:
I think that was a reference to the old joke: "If you can remember the sixties, you weren't there."

Regardless, you're right. It was an unbelievably stressful decade. I still have my draft card, now quite tattered, that we were required to have on us at all times. The government was literally forcing kids into the military, with the alternative being prison.

The draft...



​
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I was 15 when 70's started. Just old enough to appreciate girls and get some independence. The disease AIDS 0was far in the future. (Never heard of it until 1983) Music in late 60's was arguably better, I remember getting out of a car on my 22nd birthday. I was a top a hill and I folded my arms (very belligerently) looking out and I said to myself, I am inhaling air into my 22-year old lungs, digesting food with 22-year old enzymes, after a night of 22-year old sleep. Nothing on Earth can hurt me. (God I miss those days.)
 
I went with the 70's , I learned, I traveled and generally enjoyed life. For me the 80's sucked, I am still recovering.