What incredible creations can you make with Legos?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CynicusRex
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    lego
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
CynicusRex
Gold Member
Messages
98
Reaction score
68
Went to the attic and found these. It felt as a shot of nostalgia, reminding me not to grow up and to stay curious.
V7oiPlV.jpg


Any other lego fans?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
Physics news on Phys.org
TheBlackAdder said:
Any other lego fans?
Sure! How couldn't I? The best toy for building creativity and imagination I ever saw. But I'm more a fan of a big box of many different bricks than I am of building a given model of, e.g. the space shuttle.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky and CynicusRex
"You're too old to play with legos." is one thing I'm never going to tell my children. I really don't know or remember why I used to think that.

Improved the setup a little :)
c0sRojB.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hoophy and ProfuselyQuarky
Legos are awesome. And they really are the best toy out there. I still play with them when I've got nothing more productive to do :oldsmile:. I agree that a big box of bricks is better than the sets, but the sets come with unique pieces. I like to google search "fancy houses" and duplicate them with legos.

Actually, you can use legos to make practical things around the house, as well. I've got a pencil jar on my desk made of legos, for example.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CynicusRex
I once saw lego logic gates. They had one or two Technic axles sticking out one side, and you could shove them in for 1 and pull them out for 0. One axle on the other side moved in or out as a NOT, OR, AND, etc gate. There was too much slack in the system to chain them together, but in principle you could build a lego digital computer...