What inspired you to major in biology while taking physics 212?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Erika Carlson
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 625 views
Erika Carlson
Hi there,

I'm a senior at UIUC and have used this forum in the past as an additional resource for tricky physics problems, but have never posted my own question!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Erika Carlson said:
Hi there,

I'm a senior at UIUC and have used this forum in the past as an additional resource for tricky physics problems, but have never posted my own question!

Hi Erika,

Two things caught my eye:

1. Your name is almost identical to an "Erica Carlson" that I know of, who is now a physics professor at Purdue.

2. Your PHYS 212 at UIUC is the same type and level of course that I'm teaching now, and we also use the i>clicker AND FlipItPhysics (which was developed at UIUC in the first place). It is both a curse and a blessing (my students are split 50-50 in their like/dislike of FlipItPhysics).

So, are you going a bio major on the way to a medical school, or are you truly intending to pursue a bio career?

Zz.