Major in biology with say psychology

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Sorry!
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
yes this is a physics forums but I been coming here for a while (not really posting a lot but meh :P reading) and i notice that there is a biolog section andI'm REALLY interested in biology and I'm applying to university soon... I've noticed that for first year you take general courses for the sciences and then second year you move into particular fields.

i'm just wondering if you guys know of jobs that exist with a major in biology with say psychology or chemistry minor

cause i remember nearly all my high school science teachers explaining how they went into sciences got their masters and when they got out of school they couldn't really find a job that interested them so they came to teaching lol.

i'm from toronto if that makes any difference... I'm just wondering what fields of work would be available though
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Sorry! explained:
REALLY interested in biology and I'm applying to university soon... I've noticed that for first year you take general courses for the sciences and then second year you move into particular fields.

i'm just wondering if you guys know of jobs that exist with a major in biology with say psychology or chemistry minor

Sure. Before giving the answers, be aware that the Physics and Math courses are still great to study along the way. Now, consider microbiology technician, food lab technician, medical or diagnostic products development, maybe some technical work in public health. Maybe quality control analyst for a foods company.
 


As with any science, the undergraduate education can prepare you for graduate study which is necessary if you want to get into research. Most of the experimental oncology scientists I know, for example, come from a biology or biochemistry background.
 


Also think of biostatistics and bioinformatics, two growing fields.
 


thanks guys :D all these sound really interesting i remember reading something about the neurosciences being a growing field anyone know if its true still? (and if it will continue to grow)

bioinformatics sounds interesting never heard of it even... lol :P going to go look that bad boy up