What is Experimental Design and How is it Used in Identifying Pure Substances?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
skilet
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
I am doing a Lab report on "Using Properties To Identify Pure Substances"
I want to know what does the Experimental design mean. Can anyone tell
me what it means?


Thanks,
 
Physics news on Phys.org
skilet said:
I am doing a Lab report on "Using Properties To Identify Pure Substances"
I want to know what does the Experimental design mean. Can anyone tell
me what it means?


Thanks,

It would be the apparatus used and how it's set up.
 
you mean like I have to draw a diagram and explain how the experiment was done?

thanks
 
skilet said:
you mean like I have to draw a diagram and explain how the experiment was done?

thanks

Yes I think so.Enjoy it.
 
How a person chooses equipment and arrange it and to initiate and perform processes for the purpose of obtaining information. Someone may have a more efficient definition of Experimental Design.

Don't let the sophisticated terminology distract you. It is how you choose to achieve your objective of making measurements and observations to help you study and understand a small piece of nature or a process.
 
Ok so I am going to make a picture of our experiment and explain what's in the
picture. Or should I say like how I did it. I was thinking If I write how I did the
experiment then that will become the procedure.