What is the area between two curves given by y=2x^2+10 and y=4x+16?

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter akbarali
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Area Curves
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
akbarali
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
One more problem that was giving me issues.

View attachment 797

Here's how I worked it out:
View attachment 798

Comments? Corrections?PS. Sorry for flooding the board with my problems. This is the last one for a bit! I have an exam coming up, and was shaky on some concepts. I get so anxious before exams. Can't hurt to ask smart people for help, hehe. I hope to have increased the knowledge base at least! Can't wait to relax after tonight's exam. (Beer)
 
Attachments
  • Area-Q.jpg
    Area-Q.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Area-A.jpg
    Area-A.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks perfect! (Cool)

By the way, you needn't worry about the number of questions you post, you are showing your work, and we have no "upper limit" on the number of questions asked.

Good luck with your exam tonight...I think you will do well! (Yes)
 
Hello http://www.mathhelpboards.com/members/akbarali/:)
Just to make it a little more 'difficult'
Determine the area of the region bounded by $$y=2x^2+10$$ and $$y=4x+16$$
Do you know how you would solve that one :)?

Regards,
$$|\pi\rangle$$