What is the connection between Nikola Tesla and Walter Russell?

• Thread starter Teslascience
  • Start date
In summary, Nikola Tesla is known for inventing the alternating current (AC) electrical system and making significant contributions to wireless communication, X-rays, and radio technology. Walter Russell developed a comprehensive theory of the universe and made important discoveries in atomic structure and energy. Tesla and Russell were contemporaries who respected each other's work and shared similar interests, but there is no evidence of them collaborating on projects. Their legacies in the scientific community include pioneering work and lasting influence on modern technologies.
Teslascience
Hi, I'm Steve. I study the universe from my childhood. I found till that time two remarkable person with the highest level of knowledge and philosophy in that field and they are Nikola Tesla and Walter Russell. A layman would think that they are not scientists at all. But it would be a big mistake. One who start to study Tesla will realize that almost the entire 20th century physics based on his work and discoveries which was propagated through his lectures all over the world. In reality he was the greatest phisycist of all times. To deeper understanding Tesla's work one need to know the work of Walter Russell too. Acquiring the knowledge and philosophy of this two men is essential to understand the working of this virtual reality around us.
And just one sentence please: There exists no science without philosophy.
http://www.teslabook.fw.hu/nikola tesla_2015_en.htm

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Welcome to PF!
Thank you for Greg.

welcome to the forum. If you want to learn real science, this is a great forum but I caution you that this is an actual science forum, where it is recognized that Tesla has been massively over-hyped and you'll need to be careful about attributing too much to him. I had never heard of Walter Russell before but from a quick look-up on the internet I gather that as far as actual physics is concerned, he's just a New Age nut case and any mention of him here is likely to just end in a locked thread.

Likes russ_watters
phinds said:
welcome to the forum.If you want to learn real science, this is a great forum but I caution you that this is an actual science forum, where it is recognized that Tesla has been massively over-hyped and you'll need to be careful about attributing too much to him. I had never heard of Walter Russell before but from a quick look-up on the internet I gather that as far as actual physics is concerned, he's just a New Age nut case and any mention of him here is likely to just end in a locked thread.
Thank you for the caution. I attributing nothing more to him as he did achieved in science which is available in his lectures, patents and writing. Of course this can be sometimes quite disturbing to one who is not familiar with his real work. I attended a technical university but I learned not a word about his discoveries in physics or science. For me his discoveries was a surprise because they teached us something else. But facts are facts and in our history of science there are a lot of desinformation. FG did you know that Tesla made an artifical ball lightning? This was a real shock for me...
Regarding Russell please read his books if you wan't to get a real picture about his theory. I agree I myself too thought he is not worthy to mentioning and after I accepted his religious world view and phrasing I concentrated to his statements and science. And now I think he is worthy for mentioning. For me the turning point was that moment as I saw his table of the elements from 1926. For scientist an open mind is essential. I understand you and I will not propagate here some new age stuff. But I will help others answering questions they don't know yet.

Welcome to the PF.

Since this part of the forum is for brief introductory posts only, I'll go ahead and close this thread now. :smile:

What are the main contributions of Nikola Tesla to science?

Nikola Tesla is best known for his pioneering work in the field of electricity and magnetism. He is credited with inventing the alternating current (AC) electrical system, which is still used in power grids today. Tesla also made significant contributions to wireless communication, X-rays, and radio technology.

How did Walter Russell contribute to the study of energy and matter?

Walter Russell was a self-taught scientist and artist who developed a comprehensive theory of the universe called the "Universal One." He believed that energy and matter are two aspects of the same universal substance and that everything in the universe is interconnected. Russell also made important discoveries in the fields of atomic structure and atomic energy.

What was the relationship between Nikola Tesla and Walter Russell?

Nikola Tesla and Walter Russell were contemporaries who shared a mutual respect and admiration for each other's work. They corresponded frequently and exchanged ideas on various scientific topics. Russell even dedicated one of his books, "The Secret of Light," to Tesla.

Did Nikola Tesla and Walter Russell work together on any projects?

There is no evidence that Tesla and Russell collaborated on any projects. However, they did share similar interests and ideas, and their work has influenced each other's theories and discoveries.

What is the legacy of Nikola Tesla and Walter Russell in the scientific community?

Nikola Tesla and Walter Russell are both considered pioneers in their respective fields and have made significant contributions to science and technology. Their work continues to inspire and influence scientists and researchers today, and their theories have laid the foundation for many modern technologies. They are remembered as visionary thinkers who pushed the boundaries of what was thought possible and left a lasting impact on the scientific community.