What is the dental "autoblock" procedure?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nomadreid
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 1K views
nomadreid
Gold Member
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
258
TL;DR
Is this description recognizable: "a block of autologous osteoplastic material used in dentistry"? If so, what is it called?
I came across (in an unpublished work) a description (in another language) of a procedure which included the word , when transliterated, "autoblock", but since this does not seem to be an English word, I was told the description which appears in the summary. However, not being a dentist, I have not been able to find out what the proper word or expression (in English) is, or even if there is one.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Super! Thanks, jedishrfu. A very helpful link (and the links inside the link are also useful.) And your answer then makes perfect sense.
 
Cheaper, too...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jedishrfu